Friday, March 1, 2013

J.Post February 28: Abbas on Israeli "Torture"


Sir, - The glaring headline "Abbas on Jaradat: Israel wants anarchy by killing our children" was deeply disturbing to me. I was distressed even further, by the veiled threat of Abbas, that indicated that the death of Jaradat would not pass easily by.

The above presents to many thousands of concerned, sensitive, and intelligent citizens of Israel, a most awful dilemma. We were recently informed by Pres. Shimon Peres that he has known Mahmoud Abbas for decades, and he unequivocally assured our people that Abbas is not only an honorable man, but he indeed is also a worthy peace partner.


If there is substance to Abbas's accusations, I would admit to being deeply ashamed of our country. However, if it be established that Israel in fact does not torture Palestinian prisoners, I would find myself in the position of being deeply ashamed of our president.

ZEV CHAMUDOT
Petach Tikva

[Image credit: World Economic Forum]